Joined: 04 Jun 2010
|Posted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:24 pm Post subject: All Dio years greatest hits album?
Ronnie James Dio's career spans over 50 years, and some of his great work is completely lost in time.
Why not a greatest hits album for his fans with three songs from each of his groups as a reflection of his career, and show people a side of Dio most have never heard?
My example list would go something like this...
1. Follow me -Ronnie and the prophets
2. I told you so -Ronnie and the prophets
3. Dear darlin -Ronnie and the prophets
(long forgotten...awesome vocals!)
4. Driften - Elves
5. Simple Man -Elves
6. Wake up sunshine -Elves
(download early Dio songs free, and see lots of Dio history -Padavona.com)
7.Temple of the King -Rainbow
8. Run with the wolf -Rainbow
9. Gates of Babylon -Rainbow
(I realize these aren't the first Rainbow songs people think of, and thats the point)
7. Falling off the edge of the world -Sab 1st
8. Children of the sea -Sab 1st
9. Country Girl -Sab 1st
10. Dont talk to stangers -Dio early
11 Egypt (chains are on) -Dio early
12 Rock n roll Children -Dio early
13. Master of the moon -Dio late
14.Throw away children -Dio late
15. Killing the dragon -Dio late
16. Computer god - Sab late
17. Breaking into Heaven -Heaven & Hell/Sab late
18. The Devil cried -Heaven & Hell/ Sab late
19. This is your life -song to reflect/finish album
Just a thought/idea I haven't seen anyone else talking about
...and the time had come for the one to go to the temple of the king...RIP Ronnie.Greatest hits albums always have the same songs on them...and usually the same most likely ones to be played on the radio as well. If you only listened to Dio on the radio, you'd think Man on the Silver Mountain, and Rainbow in the Dark were his only songs ever. All of his songs are good, so why showcase the same thing over, and over?